Web Site Policy
Establishment Date: 24,June,2021
- We collect personal information lawfully and fairly.
- We specify the purposes of using personal information as far as possible, and expressly indicate, notify, or disclose to you such purposes.
- We do not use personal information without your consent for any purpose other than those purposes expressly indicated, notified, or disclosed to you.
- We take appropriate measures to prevent dissipation, loss, alteration, leakage, or any other breach of personal information, and manage personal information safely.
- We sincerely respond to inquiries related to personal information received from you, in accordance with the Applicable Laws.
1．Collection of Personal Information
We, as a controller or processor, collect the following categories of personal information, directly from you or indirectly from our affiliates and business partners located outside of Japan, in relation to (i) provision of our products, goods, systems, applications, information provision services and other services (collectively, our “Products and Services”), (ii) market survey and research and development of our Products and Services (our “Survey and R&D”), and (iii) our business activities such as motor sports activities, safety promotion activities, and social activities (our “Business Activities”).
- Name, age, date of birth, gender, job, address, country of residence, telephone number, e-mail address, and other contact information
- Information related to our Products and Services purchased by you (such as serial number, product information, product warranty information, information regarding the status and use of products, location information, image, voice, facial image, fingerprint, service history, stores you use, payment information)
- Comments, requests, inquiries, and other information submitted by you
- Information related to an individual collected through or generated from provision of our Products and Services (including activities ancillary and related to our Products and Services), such as IP address, access log, and location information
- Information related to an individual collected through or generated from research and various events related to our Business Activities
- Other information related to an individual collected or generated in order to achieve the purposes provided in Section 2 below
- Category of information to be separately notified to you
2．Purpose of the Using Personal Information and Legal Basis for the Processing
We process personal information mainly on the following legal basis to the extent permitted by the Applicable Laws. If stricter regulations are imposed on the processing of personal information as such personal information falls under the definition of sensitive data or information under the Applicable Laws, we process such personal information in accordance with such stricter regulations.
- Contract. When we need to process your personal information to perform a contract we have entered into with you.
- Legal Obligation. When we need to comply with a legal obligation.
- Legitimate Interests. When the processing of your personal information is necessary to fulfil the legitimate interests pursued by us or a third party and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests (legitimate interests pursued by us include use of personal information necessary to (i) conduct our Survey and R&D and Business Activities, and (ii) maintain, upgrade, and improve the quality of our Products and Services).
- Consent. When you have given consent for us to process your personal information. However, even if we obtain your consent, we may process your personal information based on other legal grounds. The withdrawal of your consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing performed based on the consent before your withdrawal.
We process your personal information only for the following purposes.
If we expressly indicate or notify other purposes to you separately when collecting your personal information, we also process your personal information for such other purposes.
Our business in foreign countries is developed through our affiliates and business partners. For the processing of personal information collected in connection with products, goods and services provided by, and other business activities conducted by our affiliates and business partners, please see their privacy policies.
(1) To conduct a market survey of, upgrade the quality of, improve, research, develop, and/or plan our Products and Services, Survey and R&D, and Business Activities (based on contract, legal obligation, legitimate interests, or consent)
(2) To plan and implement measures to enhance your satisfaction level for our Products and Services and our distributors handling them (the “Distributors”) (based on legitimate interests or consent)
(3) To confirm and analyze the status of the Distributors responding to you (based on legitimate interests or consent)
(4) To respond to your inquiries and requests for information and documents (based on contract or legitimate interests)
(5) To take action for you in accordance with laws and regulations (where we take such action via the Distributors, to provide the Distributors with your personal information) (based on a legal obligation or legitimate interests)
(6) To make payment and manage accounts payable and receivable, associated with our Business Activities (based on contract or legitimate interests)
(7) To perform any business outsourced by our affiliates and business partners (based on contract or legitimate interests)
(8) To otherwise implement management and correspondence necessary to perform our Business Activities (based on a legal obligation or legitimate interests)
In principle, the provision of your personal information to us is at your own will. You may be disadvantaged if you refuse to provide us with your personal information, such as being unable to receive our responses to your inquiries or requests for information or documents.
In addition to the purposes above, we may use information that we collect about you in the following manners. In this case, information used or disclosed does not include information that can identify you.
(1) Process and use it statistically
(2) Process and analyze it so that it cannot identify a specific individual, and disclose it to our affiliates and business partners (information provision services)
3．Disclosure of Personal Information
We disclose your personal information to third parties only where such disclosure is permitted under the Applicable Laws (including obtaining your prior consent). We may outsource our business to third parties to the extent necessary to achieve the purposes stated in Section 2 above. In this case, we (i) request that such third parties properly process the personal information disclosed by us, and (ii) manage such third parties appropriately.
We may disclose your personal information to the following categories of third parties:
(1) Our affiliates
(2) Service providers (including data analysis service providers)
(4) Business partners (including research and development institutions or organizations)
(5) Advisors (including attorneys, tax accountants, and certified public accountants)
(6) Supervisory authorities
4．Cross-border Transfer of Personal Information
The personal information that we hold about you may be transferred to our affiliates, service providers, business partners, advisors, and supervisory authorities located outside the country where you live. If required by the Applicable Laws, we take necessary and appropriate measures, including executing a contract for, and obtaining your consent to, the cross-border transfer of personal information. If you wish to know details on recipients of your personal information and any country to which your personal information is transferred, please contact us using the contact information provided in Section 10 below.
5．Storage Period for Personal Information
We retain your personal information for the period necessary for purposes of processing such personal information, except to the extent that we are required by law to retain the personal information for a longer period, in which case we retain it for the period required by law.
6．Creation and Disclosure of Anonymized Information
Before disclosing anonymized information to third parties, we take appropriate measures so that no one can identify a specific individual through the anonymized information or restore the personal information that has been deleted in creating the anonymized information. In addition, we implement such disclosure to the extent permitted by the Applicable Laws.
For details on creation and disclosure of anonymized information under the APPI, please see “Disclosure Regarding Anonymized Information” here.
In order to prevent dissipation, loss, alteration, leakage, or any other breach of your personal information, we strive to protect personal information by (i) establishing our internal rules, (ii) appointing a person who is in charge of managing personal information for each department processing personal information, (iii) implementing security measures in accordance with the internal rules, (iv) enlightening and educating our employees to thoroughly understand the internal rules, and (v) supervising third parties to whom we disclose personal information.
8．Personal Information of Children
When processing personal information of children, we take necessary action in accordance with the Applicable Laws, including obtaining the consent of their parents or legal guardians.
You have a number of legal rights in relation to the personal information that we hold about you under the Applicable Laws. These rights would typically include the following, but please note that rights which you can exercise are limited to those permitted under the Applicable Laws.
(1) Access. The right to obtain information regarding the processing of your personal information and access to the personal information that we hold about you
(2) Correction. The right to request that we rectify your personal information if it is inaccurate or incomplete
(3) Erasure. The right to request that we erase your personal information
(4) Restrict our processing of your personal information. The right to request that we restrict our processing of your personal information
(5) Object. The right to object to us about our processing of your personal information
(6) Data Portability. The right to receive any personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and/or request that we transmit that personal information directly to a recipient where this is technically feasible
(7) Withdrawal of your consent. The right to withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal information at any time
To exercise these rights, please contact us using the contact information provided in Section 10 below. We respond to your requests in accordance with the Applicable Laws, including verifying you or your authorized agent. We may charge a fee to respond to your requests to the extent permitted by the Applicable Laws.
If you think that any of your rights have been infringed by us, you may also lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority regulating the protection of personal information, under the Applicable Laws.
10．Information about Us
We process personal information as a controller and processor.
If you have any questions or complaints regarding our processing of your personal information as a controller, please contact us using the contact information provided below.
Our business in foreign countries is developed through our affiliates and business partners. Personal information collected in connection with products, goods, and services provided by, and other business activities conducted by our affiliates and business partners is processed in accordance with their privacy policies/notices. Therefore, if you have any questions regarding their processing of your personal information, please contact them using the contact information provided in their privacy policies.
Name: Honda Motor Co., Ltd.
Address: 2-1-1, Aoyama, Minato-ku, Tokyo, 107-8556, Japan
Representative: Administration Division
Honda drive test vehicles and use on-board cameras in order to collect images around the test vehicles and record them on the storage devices installed in the test vehicles, for the purpose of developing our products and services. For more details, please refer to the link below.
Addendum for Processing of Data Collected through Website
1．Collection of Data
Cookies and Access Logs
2．Purpose of the Using Data and Legal Basis for the Processing
(1) To provide the Website and related services to you (based on legitimate interests or consent)
(2) To administer the Website resources (based on legitimate interests or consent)
(3) To allow us to improve and optimize the Website and our Products and Services (based on legitimate interests or consent)
(4) To ask you to provide your opinions or participate in surveys about our Products and Services (based on legitimate interests or consent)
(5) To understand which parts of the Website are popular/most used, or those which need changing/upgrading (based on legitimate interests or consent)
Legitimate interests pursued by us include our use of the Data in connection with compliance, regulatory, auditing, legal claims (including disclosure of such information in connection with legal process or litigation) and other ethics and compliance reporting requirements.
3．Disclosure of Data
Where you download a third-party app from the Website, your personal information will be transferred to that third-party app provider directly as a separate data controller. We are not responsible for the processing of your personal information by such app providers. As such, you should take some time to read and understand how your personal information will be processed by app providers before you download their apps.
Links to Third-party Websites