Tokyo, December 18, 1998 - Honda Motor Co., Ltd. has made minor changes to the popular CR-V four-wheel drive, which combines the rugged grip of a 4WD with the comfort of a sedan. These include a variety of improvements to the interior and exterior styling on the Performa model (available with 4WD, 4AT or 5MT gearboxes), together with the introduction of a new Fullmark model. As well as a spare tire that is stored under the trunk floor, the new Fullmark features a classy urban profile - it is available with 4AT gearboxes either on 4WD or FF model. All the new models will go on sale at Honda Primo and Verno dealers nationwide from December 18.
CR-V Performa (D package)
- Newly designed front and rear bumpers and front grille
- New optional D package for Performa model: front/rear bumpers, side protection panels, side sill panels, door mirrors, outer door handle casings and hard-type spare tire cover are all body-colored
- New elegant seat upholstery with special leather-wound steering wheel
- Optional rotating passenger seat (4AT model)
- Optional next-generation Honda Car Navigation System: an integrated audiovisual unit complete with 6-inch screen, twin map function, full InterNavi compatibility, CD player, TV tuner and AM/FM cassette deck
Engine and transmission:
- New more powerful 2-liter DOHC 16-valve engine with a maximum output of 150PS, representing increases in power of 20PS and 5PS, respectively, for the 4AT and 5MT models
- Reductions in the amounts of exhaust pollutants produced ensure the models conform to new regulations laid down by 13 Japanese municipal authorities.
- Overdrive switch and new column select lever (4AT model)
- Omni-directional collision safety body construction designed for offset frontal collisions up to 64 km/h and side-impact collisions of up to 50 km/h.
- Optional Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA) system to minimize sudden direction changes - the first time Honda has fitted such a system to a 4WD vehicle. This system consists of 4-wheel anti-lock braking system (ABS) that stop wheel-lock during hard braking and a Traction Control System (TCS) which prevents wheel-slip during acceleration, as well as minimizes lateral slip during cornering.
- Pretensioners fitted to both front seat belts
- Dual SRS airbag system and 4-wheel ABS brakes are standard fittings
Main features of the new Fullmark model:
With a sophisticated urban exterior styling, luxurious interior and FF drive system, the Fullmark makes a valuable new addition to the CR-V series.
- New FF model, in addition to 4WD, makes for a very smooth ride
- Spare tire stored under trunk floor
- Front/rear bumpers, rear license plate panel, side protection panels, side sill panels, door mirrors and outer door handle casings are all body-colored.
- Built-in front bumper fog light and polished chrome front grille
- Artificial wood grain center paneling and passenger seat armrest (except on models fitted with revolving passenger seat)
Principal factory options on both Performa and Fullmark models:
- N package: Honda Navigation System + 4-speaker TV/audio system + printed antenna
- D package (Performa): fully colored body + body-colored hard-type spare tire cover
- L package (Performa): 4-speaker cassette deck + tinted glass + driver's seat height adjuster + collapsible power door mirrors
- Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA)
- Revolving passenger seat
New trailer-compatible model also available:
A new CR-V Trailer Hitch Type model capable of being hitched up to a trailer (for example, for transporting a Jetski or other recreational equipment) will be introduced from January 18, 1999. All modifications are being handled by Honda Tokuso Co., Ltd.
Domestic monthly sales target: