April 18, 2018 – Honda announced that it will be participating as an exhibitor at the 20th International Roses and Gardening Show, Japan’s largest gardening show, at the Met Life Dome in Tokorozawa city, Saitama from Friday, May 18 through Wednesday, May 23, 2018.
Honda has supported “Co-existence with Nature,” the theme of the International Roses and Gardening Show, exhibiting at the event since 2004, promoting various natural outdoor lifestyles for vegetable gardens and gardening in general.
For this year’s exhibition, Honda proposes a “botanical life with Honda products,” exhibiting its products decorated with matching illustrations, in a botanical garden with flowers, shrubbery, and potagers*1.
Visitors will be able to handle in appropriate settings Honda’s various power products, including the “Miimo” Robotic Lawn Mower released last year. With Honda’s cars and motorcycles also on display, Honda will be promoting a comprehensive botanical lifestyle.
- *1Potager: French word for vegetable garden for decoration, in addition to growing vegetables for consumption.
Gardener Kimie Ito (DCT INC) will oversee the grand design of the booth, and potager will be arranged by gardening counselor Michiko Okai, a housewife gardener popular for her gardening ideas suitable for daily life.
The booth will be constructed by BASE BRAIN WORK, the company that manages and operates “Hello Woods,” Honda’s nature experience center at Twin Ring Motegi in Tochigi. Mortar outer walls and eaves roofing will be designed by spacial designer Kazunobu Tomizawa (TOMI project).
Annie Sloan Japan by DCT INC will provide chalk-painted coloring covering the interior and exterior. Gardens will be planted with Clema Corporation’s original “Suruga Clematis*2,” popular flowering plants and roses, and traditional Japanese shrubbery, rendering a distinct botanical feel. With the help of specialists, “Honda products and flowers,” “Flowers and Gardens,” “Gardens and Colors” and “Traditional Garden Exteriors and the Latest Tools and Mobility” will be displayed at the Honda booth, in a comprehensive, harmonious proposal for a botanical garden lifestyle.
- *2“Suruga Clematis” is a registered trademark of Clema Corporation.
● Planned Exhibits
[ Power Products ]
- Miimo Robotic Lawn Mower
- HF2417 Garden Tractor
- LiB-AID E500 Portable Battery Inverter Power Source
- Salad CG FFV300 Gas-powered Mini-Tiller,
- Pianta FV200 Gas-powered Mini-Tiller
- Enepo EU9iGB Butane Canister Powered Generator
- UMK425H(UTHT) Nylon Cord Trimmer
- HHB25 Leaf Blower
[ Automobiles ]
- N-BOX (equipped with genuine Honda ACCESS accessories)
[ Motorcycles ]
- Super Cub 50
[ About the 20th International Rose and Gardening Show ]
|Venue:||Met Life Dome
Honda Booth: No.005
|Exhibition dates and times:
||Friday, May 18, 2018 - Wednesday, May 23, 2018
9:30am - 5:30pm
* Admittance closes 30 minutes prior to end of exhibition times. Final day (Wednesday 23rd) planned to close at 5:00pm
* Opening ceremony from 2:00pm, and special exhibit from 3:00pm on Thursday, May 17 (day prior to public opening).
||International Roses & Gardening Show Organization Committee
(Mainichi Newspapers / NHK / Sports Nippon Newspapers)
||The Japan Rose Society|
||At the Door: Adults (Junior high-school and above) 2,200 yen
Pre-sale: Adults (Junior high-school and above) 1,900 yen
Private Viewing Adults (Junior high-school and above): 2,500 yen (includes official guidebook)
* Children (Primary-school and younger): free (must be accompanied by a guardian)
Web site (PC / Mobile): http://www.bara21.jp/en/summary/